Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Love My Mother!

I have a wonderful mother.

Today, she picked me up and drove me to an event which I was particularly nervous about. 

As soon as I got in the car, she presented me with a beautiful peach rose. 

She told me it was to keep me calm, and that if I sniffed it on the whole way there, I would be.

I will never be able to look at a rose the same way again!  :)

She was right.  I immediately calmed down.  We talked and laughed about lots of things on the drive there.

As we drove, I thought of St. Therese, one of my favorite saints, who is associated with the rose because of how she promised that she would spend her Heaven doing good on earth by bringing down roses of blessings to us.  And although I had not prayed to her regarding this particular event, I felt certain that the presence of this rose was to tell me that she was praying for me, right along side my dear St. Philomena who I had invoked.

This evening, as I enjoyed looking at the beautiful peach rose Mom gave me, blooming in a vase on my kitchen counter, I went to my Facebook page--only to have Divine Providence show me a link to a novena which I had never heard of before.

It was called the Miraculous Rose Novena, and the writers of the webpage specifically spoke about the significance of receiving a rose.

My friend Jennie had posted this website on her Facebook page to remind everyone to begin the 9-day novena prayer today so that it would finish on her Feast Day, which is October 1st.

Thank you, Mother, for the beautiful rose which uplifted me.  And thank you, little St. Therese, for the prayers you so generously offered up for me, even without me asking this time.