Monday, September 20, 2010

If I'm gonna be a Godmother soon, does that make me spiritually pregnant now? :)

OK, so maybe it's a stretch of the imagination.  

But who cares!  It's fun to think of myself as pregnant since I'm soon to be a Godmother.  :)

Last night, my dearest Kindred Spirit called to ask me to be the Godmother to her second son Jonathan! 

When Becky called to ask, I was astounded.  Already I have the privilege of being Godmother to her first son David.  I absolutely LOVE him to pieces.

Since Jonathan's birth, I had convinced myself that it would be silly to think that she would ask ME to be the Godmother of her second.  I reminded myself that I should be grateful for what I've got -- which indeed I am because David is an incredible boy with intelligence and faith.

But here I am, spiritually pregnant again!  I'm so honored to have a second Godson to pray for and hopefully influence over the course of his life.  I can't wait to meet little Jonathan soon!

Pray for me in this vocation, dear reader!