Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Planning a Wedding Shower

I'm so excited.  I'm planning a wedding shower!

It's for my dear friend Shannon, who is--quite possibly--the girl out there who is most like me.  We think alike, act alike, dance alike, and seem to live parallel lives, even though she lives way down in Virginia Beach.  We are like two peas in a pod.

The best weekend of my life happened with Shannon back in the Summer of 2007, I think.  We danced for 16 hours that weekend (consuming only water and healthy foods to keep our bodies nourished), and we networked, making a ton of connections and new friendships.  Both of us got our tragus piercings that weekend as a souvenir.  :)

These are the shower invitations I made.  Aren't they cute?  The title at the top of the invitation says, "The Bride Needs a Dress..."

Our guests will be asked to create a dress for the little paper doll Shannon, using everyday items that you can find around the house.  At the shower, Shannon will pick her favorite wedding gown, and the winner will get a prize. 

I have so many fun games that I'm working on, and her mom and I developed a tasty menu and an action-packed agenda.  It should be a fun afternoon!  Pray for me that it will be to Shannon's liking!