Friday, October 22, 2010

He is Worth Absolutely Everything

My reader, lest I forget, let me remind us both:  God is worth every ounce of our being.  Every sacrifice, every prayer, every suffering we offer up, everything we have, everything we are, and everything we will ever be is entirely worth devoting to God.  Of this I am sure!

If we could see Heaven and then return to Earth, we would give up every convenience we have.  We would trade every earthly pleasure.  We would trade everything we have for Him who is Love.

I am absolutely certain of this.

And yet, God shields us from having this full realization at all moments throughout our day, perhaps as an act of mercy, lest the everyday work He assigns us on Earth be neglected.

Instead, He gives us the simple command to trust Him.  Something beautiful will be waiting for us when we do.