Thursday, October 20, 2011

My First Real Coach Bag!!

I've always hoped that someday I might own a Coach handbag.

True, I have a Coach briefcase, but a briefcase is nothing like a handbag.  In fact, it is by dumb luck that I even have a leather briefcase by them, for this I found randomly for $15 at a Goodwill that didn't know any better.  Actually, I didn't know any better, either, because it wasn't until I got home and opened it up that I realized it was Coach -- and then had my friends in the know examine and confirm my suspicions that it wasn't a fake.  Hooray!

But, anyway, back to the prospects of a handbag.

I couldn't justify buying something like that new, especially because I have plenty of handbags already and also because I didn't feel like dishing out close to $400.   So, trying to be reasonable, I asked Michael if he'd be OK if I browsed eBay for a used model.  :)

He said yes, but with one caveat: I'd have to get rid of 5 handbags that I already have and put them in the pile for our upcoming Free Yard Sale.  So this I did, as challenging as it was, but I also went a step further:  I sorted through my jewelry box and pulled out tons of silver rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, with the plan that I would trade them in for cash at the huge Silver & Gold Emporium, but not before offering them for free to my mother, aunt, grandmother, and friends.

Satisfied and--even more than that--impressed, Michael gave me the thumbs up for a totally ridiculous splurge.  To eBay my browser went, and--as only our generous God could have arranged it--I stumbled upon a delightfully sweet Coach handbag with no signs of wear, no bids, and no reserve!  I was on it like white on rice!

The auction ended at $76, and I was the winner!  The beautiful bag arrived just yesterday.  Here's her picture!!