Monday, November 21, 2011

Do you know what this means?


On Saturday morning, I decided to make an egg breakfast for Michael and me.  We had a big day ahead of us, so I wanted us to have some extra energy.  So I warmed up the frying pan!

But when I cracked open the first egg, this is what I found!  Do you know what the little blood clot really is?

It's a baby chicken.  This egg had been fertilized!  Oops.

Organic eggs are usually obtained from free-range chickens.  Those chickens have the luxury of going about their day as they please, instead of being confined to a dirty, cramped environment, as most other chickens are. 

However, it looks like the producer of this egg had enjoyed her free-range luxuries so much that she had effortlessly wondered over to the roosters!  Haha.

Before tossing this egg in the trash, we observed a brief moment of silence for the little guy who had perished from the cold temperatures of the refrigerator.  :-(