Monday, November 21, 2011

A Visit from Michael's Parents & High School Friend! :)

Yesterday was delightful!

Michael's parents came for supper, and so did Dennis, a good friend of Michael's who now lives in Boston.

Everyone's arrival time was a bit up-in-the-air, so the ham and I were ready to be flexible.

We figured that Dennis would probably arrive quite late, since he had asked to sleep over on our couch.  He had spent the weekend in Washington, DC (visiting friends) and would be flying home to Boston later today.

But the Holy Spirit couldn't have orchestrated things better; Dennis arrived 5 minutes before Michael's parents did!  And that was just in time for supper!

I quickly made another place setting at the table, and we all sat down to eat.

First, I served salad with candied walnuts, pear slices, and cran-raisins.

Then we ate ham with a side of mashed yams (infused with orange juice and cinnamon) and sweet Hawaiian bread (which I did not bake but bought at Target).  To add an extra touch, I used cloth napkins for the first time!  Fun!

For dessert, I served chocolate chip cookies with walnuts.  I made these for Dennis because I always promised him that someday I'd use the wedding gift he gave us (a KitchenAid mixer) to make him something yummy.  Dennis brought a tray of delicious cheesecakes, which we devoured in minutes!  He also brought us beautiful flowers for the center of the table.

What a great way to conclude a wonderful weekend.  Michael and I are so blessed to be surrounded by good people.  Thank you, Jesus!