Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

This year, we decided to flip-flop how we spent Christmas with our family.  Instead of spending Christmas Eve with Michael's side as we did last year, we decided to spend Christmas Day with them.  This left Christmas Eve for my side of the family!  And here we are!


We gathered at my cousin Kathy and her husband Blaine's house.  It was so wonderful to see them and their children, Noah and Karly.  Also present were Blaine's parents, my parents, grandmother, Aunt Tess, Uncle Fred, Aunt Maryann, cousin Matthew, his wife Jennifer, and their children Eleyna and Charles.

My cousin Matthew continued a tradition which his father, my Uncle Charles, apparently began when he was a mere 2 years old.  He recited "Twas the Night Before Christmas!"  The kids (and all of us, really!) loved every moment of it!  He did a great job!  Here's a picture I snapped while he was telling the story!


Matthew's continuation of the tradition meant a lot to all of us and especially to Grandmom!