Friday, March 02, 2012

For When the Time Comes...


November 29, 2011

If God should bless us with a child or children one day, I hope to remember this beautiful quote which was spoken to my friends by a very wise and holy man, shortly before my friend went into labor.

The man's name is Joe Arconti, and I have no idea who he is.  All I know is that he is spot-on with this beautiful meditation!!

He said:

Expecting parents, know that "God gave you two and ONLY you the exact grace needed to make your child a saint.  So DO NOT be swayed by the temptation of comparison or fear that you are not doing things right -- because Our Father in Heaven gives us every provision for sanctity.  Your child is a soul designed perfectly for your method of parenthood.  Have faith in that."

My friend said that she and her husband think about this on a daily basis, and it gives them strength to get through the joys and challenges of parenthood.  How beautiful!!