Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blessing My Husband

One of the things I want to get better at is blessing my husband.

With the day-to-day hustle and bustle of routines, it's easy to forget that my primary goal in life is to lead HIM to holiness and happiness.

This means that I must pray for him more earnestly, create opportunities for us to pray together more, and do all that I can to make him the happiest man on earth.

I want to be the kind of wife he RUNS home to.  :)

I know he's thinking and doing the same for me.  Last night, for example, as I was finishing up eating my dinner, he ran to grab his Bible -- and he read Scripture to me.  It was the daily reading from mass, which he was asked to read aloud when he attended mass earlier that day on his lunch break.

There's plenty of home routines that Michael takes on as his responsibility.  There's lots of things he does for me, and I admit that there's probably plenty more that I don't even truly see.

So tonight, I'm putting everything else on hold -- and I'm making him a romantic dinner.  He doesn't know it yet, but tonight will be a mini-Thanksgiving for us (since we do have so much to be thankful for).  I'll be serving turkey with cranberry sauce, cornbread stuffing, baked potatoes, sugar peas, and muffins.  Yum!
Wish me luck, please!