Monday, April 16, 2012

This Week's Menu :)

Lately, I've tried to take better stock of everything we have in the cupboard and refrigerator.

And so, at the start of our week, I list all the possible meals I could serve, along with possible veggie sides.

It makes thinking easier when I get home after a long day of teaching.

It also helps me "use up" any remaining ingredients we have, floating around the house.

For example, the other day Michael brought home an exorbitant amount of tomatoes.  I keep forgetting to ask him why he did this.  He hasn't eaten any of them, and many days have passed.  I'm beginning to worry that they'll go to waste!

So I immediately got out my mother's recipe for the beloved Tomato Basil Tart (which calls for a TON of tomatoes) and I'll make that this week, just so I can use them up.  :)