Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lunch Out with Pearl!


Pearl and I giggle when we see this photograph because we both look like we've got excruciating back pain. 

I'm holding my lower back in agony and she's bent over slightly and unable to stand straight, as if pregnancy has caused us both to become bent-over permanently!  Haha.  But, Praise God, that is actually not the case at all.  We both feel fine; we just look funny!

Anyway, it was fabulous to be with her and hear all the beautiful details of how Baby Zion came into her and her husband Matt's lives.  Her handsome baby boy was just a joy to hold, and his beautiful blue eyes were so focused on everything he beheld. 

It was great learning from her about the joys and challenges of raising a newborn!  I hope that I can be as good of a mommy as she is!

Pearl and I met years ago through Saturate, a weekly gathering of Christian young adults at a church called Lives Changed By Christ (LCBC).  Thanks to Facebook and blogging, we've kept in touch and up-to-date on each other's lives ever since!