Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Saying Good-Bye To Texting


I'm about to do something outrageous.  I'm gonna say good-bye to texting.

I've loved it for years, but I'm overwhelmed by it now.  I receive hundreds of text messages a day, and I'm not exaggerating.  Every hour, I exchange about 25 between a handful of various people that I know.  So that totals 300 texts in 12 hours.  Ugh!

The flurry of incoming digital blurbs begin as early as 6:15 AM and wane off somewhere between 10:30 PM and Midnight.  The nighttime texts usually wake us up, but I don't look at my phone once we're laying in bed.

During the hectic pace of the school year, texting was my primary way to stay in touch with friends.  But now, in this brand new and beautiful era of my life, I will be embracing the time I now have for more authentic interactions.  Since I'm not a phone-talker, I'll be looking forward to in-person time with my friends!  :)