Friday, July 20, 2012

Time to Say Good-Bye to Some Old Friends

What a beautiful era of my life it was to be in a Catholic rock band. 

We were called A Mirror Darkly, and I'll never forget how fun the Summer of 2010 was. 

I was the lead singer.  And my vocal coach was AMAZING. 

Band practice was held in my garage three times a week, and it couldn't have been more exciting!

True, we never left the garage for a show, but it was still the fulfillment of a childhood dream for me.  We had a blast.  My high school self would have been impressed!

But all good things come to an end, and that era did conclude when school resumed and my voice became taxed again by teaching.

Michael appeared in my life then, too, and my focus then switched from the playfulness of music to the seriousness of a courtship.  Yes, being in a band was a lifelong dream for me, but hoping to be a wife and mother was even bigger.  By the next Summer, we were married.

And now a beautiful new era of my life is beginning.  With Baby expected to arrive in just a few short weeks, I posted these items today on Craig's List.  If you're interested in anything, please drop me a line at MichaelAndLisaGoddard@gmail.com.