Friday, August 03, 2012

Breakfast at the Tomato Pie Cafe

I had breakfast this morning at the Tomato Pie Cafe. 

It's this old-fashioned little place with a unique menu and a full espresso bar.  Everything's organic, fair-trade, and...delicious!

I took with me my list of baby shower gifts so that I could pen a few thank-you notes while I waited.

It was a gorgeous morning, and our downtown was busy with the hub-bub of morning commuters and playful school children who still have their freedom but no longer the need to sleep in every day.

This is what I had for breakfast:


Don't worry.  It's not a caffeinated latte.  Nor is it a decaf cappuccino.  And while it looks like a spiced chi tea, it's still not that.  :)

Rather, it's a hot bowl of nutty granola steamed in soy milk and topped with cinnamon!  Hidden beneath its frothy surface are fresh raspberries, slices of banana, and other fruits.  It was amaaaazing.

And while I should have left empty-handed, I couldn't resist bringing home with me a freshly-baked lemon-blueberry muffin.  Yum!


What's your favorite breakfast place?