Thursday, August 16, 2012

Selling My Old Jewelry

This week I am $287 richer!

Thanks to Craig's List, I was able to sell another handbag and a handful of old jewelry pieces.

Wow, that puts my grand total of earnings from Craig's List this Summer at a whopping $529, I think!

Thank you, God, for helping me to get creative in earning money by liquifying our assets!

Now Michael can't complain if I indulge in a little shopping spree, right?  :)

The good news is that I'm not taking any money from our little family because I needn't take any money from our checking or savings accounts.

This will probably be the way of it, from here on out.  Being a mom, by its very nature, implies being thrifty and not self-indulgent or frivolous.  So, if I want new jewelry or a handbag and it isn't Christmas or my birthday, I'll need to be creative in how I can generate the funds needed.

Selling my things on Craig's List will probably always be my go-to method, but I have other tricks up my sleeve, too.  I could tutor kids in math at our local library in the evenings.  Or, I could set up a lemonade stand.  I'm sure I could think of more ways if I really tied on my thinking cap.  Where there's a will, there's a way, right?  And wanting something new certainly gives me the will-power for selling something that's old!

Here's a few of the pieces I parted with!