Friday, August 03, 2012
Tonight's Meal: Chicken Pot Pie
If you'd like to make it yourself, here's what you should do!
1. The day before, cook 2 cups of chicken. (Or simply use leftovers from a full chicken carcass.)
2. To create the dough for the bottom and side crust, mix a half cup of melted butter with 1 cup of sour cream, 1 egg, 1 cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. (I use organic whole wheat flour to make things a bit healthier.)
3. Spread the batter in an un-greased pan on the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
4. Saute in a little butter a half cup of chopped carrots, half cup of chopped onion, and a half cup of chopped celery.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the 2 cups of bite-sized chopped cooked chicken, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and a can of cream of chicken soup.
6. When the veggies are done being sauteed in the butter, mix them in with the chicken mix.
7. Then spoon this new, thick filling into the crust.
8. Sprinkle the top of the dish with a half cup of cheddar cheese.
9. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
10. Enjoy! This meal serves 4.
Posted by Lisa at 9:59 PM