Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ultra Conservative, Ultra Boring

For whatever reason, I've gotten myself into an ultra conservative dressing phase.

It's been happening gradually over the last 2 years, but it is a profound difference for me.  I was never like this before.

I really like it for myself right now, but I realize that it is extremely boring.

Everything I wear these days is so....basic.  Basic jewelry.  A basic dress.  A basic handbag.  Basic hair.  Basic everything.

I'm not sure why my tastes are changing.

It isn't that I no longer care.  I do care, and this is what I care to choose right now.  

Strange, huh?

I actually get excited if I see something basic.  A solid color draws me.  A plain leather handbag with no frills catches my eye.  Unlike other girls, I don't even see all the fun, funky jewelry for sale in Target.  Instead, from across the store, I narrow my focus on a pair of basic studs.

I'm also completely content wearing, washing, and repeating.  I don't change my jewelry from day to day.  Again, it's not that I don't care.  Rather, it's that I get excited to repeat the same jewelry pieces I had on the day before.  It's like I want to live in them.  Why is this?  Why have I gotten so intentionally boring?  Why am I hunkering down, all content and cozy in this fashion rut?

If you don't believe me that I'm getting this way, please observe the following:


Notice a pattern?  Rather boring, right?  Is it my age?  Is it my hormones?  Who knows!