Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jamie Meets Liam...and Satisfies My Cravings!

This week, my best friend from high school (Jamie!!) came from near Philly to meet Little Liam!  She has been such a great friend to me over the years, and I am so grateful that our friendship continues just as happily today as it did so many years ago.  I am so blessed by her presence in my life!  I don't know what I'd do without her.


When Jamie arrived, she came bearing these unique gifts:


Chocolate chip cookies and chunky bleu cheese dressing!  I couldn't be happier!!

Jamie knew that, during my pregnancy, I had to give up my beloved bleu cheese dressing.  This is because it is a soft cheese that is more prone to the growth of listeria, even if it has been pasteurized.  Listeria is a bacteria that adults have no problem with; but, it can be deadly to an unborn baby.

However, now that Little Liam is outside of my body, I can eat bleu cheese, process any listeria if present, and it will have no affect on my breast milk.  Praise God!

I had also been avoiding chocolate chip cookies in the second half of my pregnancy in the hopes that I would not have a large baby (although Liam's 8 pounds 3 ounces certainly qualifies as such)!  And so she brought me two types of chocolate chip cookies which I sampled with eagerness!  Thank you, Jamie!!