Saturday, January 26, 2013

4.75 Months Old


Today our little Liam is just one week shy of being 5 months old.  I can't believe it.  It feels like just yesterday that he was a mere 6 weeks.  He's still a few weeks away from being able to sit up on his own, but his ability to lean forward has caused him to outgrow the little Leap Frog reclining chair that we used since his birth.  As a replacement, I picked up this adorable blue Bumbo chair from a consignment store, complete with safety straps and a detachable tray.  I love buying things used.  It saved us the $60 we would have paid if I would have gotten it at Babies R Us.

Since this week and last Liam has taken a particular interest in watching us eat foods (so much so that he will cry until I bring him to sit on my lap while I'm at the dinner table), I felt it was time to unpack the space-saver high chair that our dear friends Chris and Clare gave him.  So, I brought it out of the box tonight.

It was a breeze to assemble, and I've decided that I love Fisher Price immensely.  All of their products are downright ingenious.  You can tell that every feature is there because a parent once imagined it and hoped for it.  Fisher Price listened and delivered!

I also love Leap Frog and Lamaze brands.  Their products are oh-so-smart for child development.  But that will be another blog posting for later.  :)





When I put Liam into the high chair for the first time tonight before Daddy got home from work and before our guests arrived for supper, he squealed with delight.  When I attached the tray top and gave him a toy, he was overjoyed. 

Once I saw the satisfaction on his face, I became the same -- and took the opportunity to dash around the house, tidying up.  But, in my efforts to sweep the floor and set the table, I sashayed our little pal's chair into the corner of the room.  Just for convenience.  Just for a second.

And then this is the sad little face that I got:



Now that I think about it, that was pretty rough.  It's like I stuck him in a corner and gave him a time out for no reason at all.  Poor little guy.  I didn't mean it. 

Liam's high chair in the corner was short-lived.  :)