Saturday, January 26, 2013

An Evening with Corey and Angela!

Tonight, for supper, we had our dear friend Angela and her wonderful beau Corey.


Well, I mean, we didn't actually eat them.  We ate WITH them.  :)

Ang requested that I serve my mother's Moroccan chicken dish, and I was happy to oblige.  You simply rub chicken thighs with coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne.  Then you toss them into a crock pot, along with cubes of butternut squash, fresh chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, minced garlic, chickpeas, raisins, and a cup of chicken broth.  Once it's cooked, you serve it on a bed of crumbly couscous.  So yummy!

It felt like the perfect hearty meal to serve on a wintery, frigid night where we got three inches of snowfall!


We just loved Corey.  It was our first time meeting him, and we enjoyed hearing about his conversion to the Catholic faith.  He has an intelligent wit and a great sense of humor.  He seems to care so much for my Angela, and I could not be happier for them both!!  Love you, guys!!