Monday, March 18, 2013

Apple Cider Chicken

The hubs enjoying my creation :)

This weekend I invented a new recipe.  I think it's fair to say "invented" because I took a stove top recipe, changed it into a crockpot one, and swapped out half the ingredients for other things.  So that makes it mine now, right?  :)

It's easy-going and friendly, requiring no measuring tools of any kind.  Just dump in, plug in, and serve.  That's the way I like it!

I threw the ingredients into the pot before bed, then plugged it in at 3 AM this morning when Liam woke me for a feeding.  When the aroma filled the house, Michael woke up, asking me what smelled so awesome before he even said good morning.  And, when we returned from Sunday mass, it was all set to go for lunch.  Michael nearly raced home for it.  Made me feel so good.  :)

These are the items to put into your crock pot:

1. boneless, skinless chicken (seasoned with a bit of salt and pepper)
2. applesauce (and apple slices, if you wish)
3. apple cider
4. chopped onion
5. chopped celery
6. minced garlic

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  Serve with rice or couscous.  We LOVED it.