Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Scary Laundry Pile

The other day, I left this huge, ugly pile of laundry on the couch.


It scared me so much that I immediately grabbed my son and exited the house.

We went to the familiar surroundings of the grocery store, called Daddy (who was on the drive home), and warned him of the laundry monster that loomed in the living room. 

I told him to avoid it at all costs.  To just not look at it, lest it stir up feelings of aggravation and aggression.  ...Because huge piles of laundry are very intimidating.  Thank God this one was all clean.

When we got home, I felt like I did all this at once:  kiss the hubs, load the 'fridge, breastfeed my child, start the dinner, set the table, breathe.

And, just as I took that first true breath in, I noticed that the couch was EMPTY!  My wonderful husband had folded it all and put it all away.  He had fought the monster and won!!!