Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Living on a Prayer


About 15 minutes ago, I did something outrageous.  It was the biggest Mom-move I've ever made.

I quit my job. 

THE job. 
The Career that defined me.  
The Career that I built with hard work, long hours, sweat, and sometimes tears.
The Career that earned me a master's degree, some accolades, and tons of experience.

Yes, today I left The World of Academia, which I have happily taught in for the past 11 years.

This afternoon, I boldly stepped off the salary schedule and into a new life.  It's a life I've always dreamed of and hoped for. 

And, finally, it's here.    ...And we're living on a prayer.

At the district office, I signed a resignation letter, handed over my ID badge, and gave some great big bear hugs.  Retiring to be a stay-at-home mother is exhilarating, scary, joyful, and sad, all at the same time.

Pray with us, please, for sustenance, stability,  and a whole lot of savoring.  Savoring him!


This sacrifice is all for you, babes.  And none of this would be possible without your Dad.  My heart overflows with love for you both!  xoxo.