Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our Next Featured Sponsor: Children's Author Michael Goddard

Today I had a wonderful opportunity to interview Michael Goddard, author of the popular children's book, The Adventure of Mike and Matt, and our next featured sponsor.

I just love this children's book.  Oddly enough, my first encounter with this children's book was on a first date.  I received it as a gift, along with a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I found the storyline and illustrations to be absolutely endearing.  I prayed then that maybe one day in the future there would be a child to read it to.   :)

Michael is married to a woman named Lisa whom he describes as spunky, loving, and understanding.  Together they have a 9-month-old son named Liam who is the delight of their hearts.  This book is, of course, one of their son's favorites.  It's on frequent rotation, he says.

Illustrated by Michael's aunt, the pleasant cartoons depict the story of a young jellyfish named Mike and a young clownfish named Matt who together learn the value of not straying too far away from home and certainly never going somewhere without first asking your parents' permission.  The book teaches an essential message that home is where the heart is.

Here's my exclusive interview with the author himself:

So what inspired you to write this book?

I honestly just wanted to write a children's book that I would be proud to read to my future children.  I have always enjoyed writing or creating things in my mind.  Ultimately, I guess my talent has evolved over time.

What was your mission when you set out to write this book?

I wanted to write a children's book with the message that one can always return home for love and support.  Home might be different for everyone, but the message still stands clear:  returning to your home or special place is possible to find the love and support from family to carry on in a very tough world.  The book teaches that we should respect our parents and be cautious in the world that surrounds us.
What has been most rewarding about publishing this book? 

Second only to reading the book to my son Liam, it has been very satisfying to see the finished quality of the book.  Lulu.com has done a great job with bringing my vision forward.

*    *     *

Way to go, Michael.  I sure married an awesome man.  :)

If you'd like to purchase the full-color, 28-page softcover of The Adventures of Mike and Matt for a child in your life, simply visit this link below:

http://www.lulu.com/shop/michael-goddard/the-adventure-of-mike-and-matt/paperback/product-11380949.html

The book is also available on Amazon.com.  Be sure to like it on Facebook by clicking here.