Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pumpkin-Stuffed Shells Drizzled with Cheese, Basil, and Walnut Crumbles

What a busy night!  All within just three hours, tonight I managed to create and cook a new culinary creation, have it ready for Michael's arrival at home, meet three girlfriends at a restaurant for dinner, and take Liam to an evening Story Time class at the library.  We're home now and it's only 7:30 PM!

Tonight's invention I shall lovingly call Pumpkin-Stuffed Shells Drizzled with Cheese, Basil, and Walnut Crumbles.  


What was my design inspiration, you ask?  Probably the frustration I felt, walking up and down the frozen food aisles in our grocery store, finding NO pre-stuffed pumpkin ravioli, as people told me I should be so able to easily find.

My heart was so set on enjoying pumpkin with pasta that I knew it was time to improvise.  Here's my recipe, in case you want to try it yourself!

Cook in boiling water 20 jumbo pasta shells, according to package directions.

In a large bowl, mix together these:

15-ounce can of pumpkin
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon of All Spice
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice

Place the shells in a 9 by 13 pan, and stuff each with a large spoonful of the pumpkin mixture.  Then simply drizzle on top of the shells a little bit of Asaigo Ramano Alfredo sauce, some traditional basil pesto sauce, and crushed walnuts.

Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until warm.  Serves four.  It's the perfect dinner to enjoy in the months of October and November!