Friday, November 29, 2013

'Tis the Season for Yummy Foods!

So these are the things I made and brought to Thanksgiving this year!  I'm so thankful to my mom who always shares with me her best recipes.

For an appetizer, I made again those lovely ricotta-stuffed, bacon-wrapped Medjool dates and served them on toothpicks.  They went over well, I think!






For a side dish, I made cranberry-orange relish.  I find it humorous that the recipe calls for an entire orange to be used, including its rind.  Oh well; that just gives us more fiber, right?!



For dessert, I made a butterscotch pie.  Unfortunately, nobody ate it, and I can't blame them.  The whipped topping looked strangely lumpy and odd.  Plus, I forgot to thaw it out, so it was a bit extra chilly and might have even been as hard as a rock in the center, for all we know.  Oops.

I also made baked apples, figuring they could be enjoyed either as a side dish, as a dessert item (with ice cream) or for breakfast the next day.  I stuffed them with oatmeal, cranraisins, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, whole wheat flour, and walnuts, drizzling them with a mix of warm apple juice and maple syrup just before serving.












Gosh, I'm hungry again just thinking about these things!  So I'm off to the refrigerator for leftovers!  :)