Thursday, January 30, 2014

So Blessed

How blessed I am to have two of my friends enter a religious vocation!  Every night in prayer, my heart meets and sees the two people who have been such great witnesses of their faith during my young adult life. 

This weekend, my dear friend Sister Channing (who has been living as a cloistered Carmelite nun for the last 6 months) will become Sister Mary Magdeline of the Divine Heart during a special clothing ceremony.  Words cannot express how happy I am for her!  And I feel certain that she absolutely LOVES the new name that Mother Superior chose for her.  She has always had such a loving devotion to God's Sacred Heart!


Here's a recent artist's portrayal of my friend Shawn who is now known as Brother Lawrence!  I hope someone will make sure these paintings are kept in good condition because they need to last and be present at his canonization ceremony one day!  :)