Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy Springtime


Gosh, this is a beautiful season of our marriage.  It's almost as exciting as our courtship.

Our courtship was filled with conversations of hopeful possibility, and I delighted in listening to Michael speak about his dreams and desires for our future together.  He would talk about these things every day and for hours on end, and I listened more intentely to him than I have ever listened to anyone in my whole life.  I couldn't wait for that phone call or that dinner out because it meant we'd engage in the same exciting conversation topics, the ones that happen only once (or very rarely) in a life time.

Outside, I stayed composed and reasonable.  Inside, I was squealing with joy.  And every night I fell asleep with a big, goofy grin on my face.  It was fantastic.  In the morning, I scribbled down notes of what I could remember him saying.  And those are now treasured pages in our memory book which I go back and read sometimes.

Now at nearly 3 years married, it's a new Springtime in our lives.  We're dreaming again.  We're having big, beautiful conversations.  We're speaking of possibilities.  We're wondering what's next.  We're asking God to show us what He desires.  And I'm going to sleep with a big, goofy grin on my face.

It's a beautiful Springtime, both outside and inside our little home!