Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Guardian Angel is an Ostrich!

I had the neatest dream on Friday night.

I forget the details, but somehow I found myself in the position of greatly needing my guardian angel's intercession and protection.

In fact, I needed his assistance so much that he actually appeared to me visibly to comfort me.

But the surprising thing about my guardian angel was that he was a WHITE OSTRICH!

He was tall and awkward, with huge white feathers and a long, long neck. His body was a giant egg-shaped thing, and he bounced over to me, with his knee caps bending backwards in that delightful, bird-like way.

A few awkward movements later, he was sitting beside me, with his little head resting on my lap and his left wing touching my hand as if to hold it. I startled him once by accident when the grip of my hand bent back one of his wing feathers, but fortunately he didn't run off and bury his head in the sand. He simply stayed with me and kept me company, and in that I found comfort.

Isn't that delightful? :-)