Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sweet Encounters in a Life Made New

So far, this week has been especially sweet!

On Monday night, I went out to dinner with my friend Andy that I haven't seen in forever. It was great to see him and catch up! He really enjoyed seeing the doves again. And even though Mr. & Mrs. Dove lost their second child a week ago, on this night Andy and I got to witness the laying of Pure's 8th egg. Here's to hoping for a healthy new life!

On Tuesday night, I just stood in awe of the life God has planned for me. He is so creative and gives me such unexpected joys. Just when I accidentally think I'm about to get bored with this life, He gives me something new to ponder by bringing something new into my life. Life sure is a huge lesson, isn't it? I'm always learning...

Then last night, after an enjoyable CCD class (which my friend Shawn taught), I had the privilege of going with my friend Brooke to her first Sacrament of Reconciliation! I am thrilled to be her sponsor, and she will enter the full communion of the Catholic faith on the Easter Vigil! She was very nervous beforehand, but she got through it successfully. We both cried, actually, and my tears were for 2 reasons; I was sorry for my sins and so incredibly touched that she was doing this! She even wore the Brown Scapular I gave her, and although she didn't yet get invested into the Confraternity, she plans to do this the next time she sees her parish priest! It felt great for us to both be made anew in this sacrament. Easter is on the horizon, and I can't wait for it!