Saturday, April 18, 2009

Abby's Wedding Shower & Brooke's Pierced Nose!

Today was ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. I do believe it was the best weather we've had yet this season! It was simply, utterly outstanding.

The sun sparkled, the temperature was perfect, and flowers were swaying in the breeze. On a day like this, it's impossible to be sad!

Yard sales popped up all over the place today, but I didn't have time to stop. Instead, it was time to honor our Abbybaby with a surprise wedding shower! She is marrying Matt in June, and I can't wait to see them tie the knot!

Next month a bunch of us are going down to Virginia Beach to celebrate her bachelorette party! It's going to be so much fun!

On the drive home, I got an unbelievable craving for a lunch I had about a year or two ago. This cute little Mexican grocery store I know will serve you a cooked meal if you ask for it in Spanish, and so I had a delicious pulled-chicken sandwich, hot and drizzled with melted cheese.

The delightful Mexican folk that work there wear Rosaries around their necks, and--on the way out--I was sure to buy two beautiful wooden ones that were hanging in their window. :-)

Then I met up Brooke, and we got her nose pierced at Transcending Flesh!

I think it's so cute how she did the very thing she thought I was NUTS for doing two years ago!!

This is the second girl I've inadvertently inspired to have her nose pierced. My friend Kate was the first! Hahaha.