Sunday, May 03, 2009

A Picnic, Complete with Ants!

So I didn't yet tell you that last Saturday I spent the afternoon laying on a picnic blanket with someone in the park.

It was amazingly simple and wonderful, and maybe you can even guess who I was with. We spent 3 or 4 hours on that hill which overlooked a lake, our skin soaking up the sunshine. We prayed the Rosary out there on my red checkered blanket, and when the ants came to eat my leftover sandwich and his honeydew rind, we just watched and let them enjoy.

That night we met up with Lija, Matt, Brooke, Dan, Stephanie, and her husband at a lovely place with outside tables. Under the night sky, the eight of us talked and laughed till 1 AM.

Lest you worry, know that I am keeping to my Marian promise, and he is helping me to do it. God has given me a friend who supports me with his strength.