Wednesday, November 02, 2011

My 3 Most Powerful Prayers

My dearest reader, how can I resist from sharing with you my three most powerful prayer techniques, the ones that surely align myself most peacefully with the will of God and furthermore bring about His very Will by making room for it?  

I am so excited that I simply must share them with you!

These prayers are powerful and steady and carry tremendous spiritual weight.  Do not be afraid to pray them with great trust in Our Father and with great joy!  He loves blessing His children.

When in the situation of an emergency, where I need to beg Heaven for instantaneous help, I pray the "Express Novena," as recommended by Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta.  This is to pray fervently nine "Memorare" prayers in a row. 

Our Blessed Mother truly stops whatever she is doing and comes immediately to our aide, like a mother rushing to her child who has fallen.  And then she takes our plea directly to her Son, and--because of the urgency He sees on her face for her children--He immediately helps us.  Thank you, God the Father!

When I am at my wits end and feel like I am going to be crushed under the weight of the heavy crosses I am bearing, I ask Jesus to bring me relief at the Divine Mercy Hour, which is 3 PM.  Once, when I carried a particularly painful burden, I set an alarm on my phone and I begged Jesus at this moment for three days in a row.  After the 3 days, He truly did lift my cross -- and so, I continued to think of Him at 3 PM each day just to joyfully thank Him.  Today, I have a vivid memory of the cross and what it felt like as it sharply dug into me, but I am only left with the memory.  The cross itself was removed thanks to Jesus' Divine Mercy, as revealed to us through the diary of St. Faustina.  I understand that one day--for my spiritual growth as a person--God may ask me to carry it or another heavy cross again, but for now I am relishing in the love and mercy that my Father has for me.

This is the "Divine Mercy" image of Jesus, as seen by Saint Faustina.  Jesus Himself asked her to convey the image to us, the faithful, and He even asked her to put the words, "Jesus, I trust in Thee!" at the bottom.

When I need a spiritual transformation, I pray the Rosary.  Yes, praying the Rosary is the most transformative!  Get past 22 days of the daily habit, and you will CRAVE to pray the Rosary.  Yes, you will eventually get past the initial boredom, and--as a gift from Our Lord and Our Lady for your stick-to-it-iveness--you will begin to taste Heaven here in earth. 

And that is a true gift that, when you're experiencing it, you discover that no one else in the world can take away from you -- but nor could you ever explain it to them.  It is a spiritual peace that goes beyond physical rest, and you will wish that you may never, ever forget what it feels like.  You will promise yourself that you will always retain the memory of it, since the feeling may fade.  And the experience may not happen during the actual praying of the Rosary but rather at other points throughout the day. 

Indeed, to pray the Rosary is to store up spiritual gifts.  Moreover, praying the Rosary is like attending a prestigious school where you are graded only on your attendance, not performance! And all of Heaven is there to help you!

If you would like to pray the Rosary right now with other people in the world who are praying it, visit http://www.comepraytherosary.org/ .  You get to watch a video of a priest praying the Rosary with a congregation in a small chapel, and the website will tell you how many other people in the world are joining you for prayer at that moment.

If you'd like to pray the Rosary while looking at Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, visit http://www.savior.org/ .  At that site, you can also click a link to join in the world's perpetual recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet.  Here's a screen shot of the Blessed Sacrament on my computer screen right now!



Thank you for letting me share these prayers with you, dear reader!  I hope that you can incorporate them into your life.  Please share with me your experience or what prayers are most special to you by leaving a comment below!  :)