Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Remembering the Haiti Benefit Dance

Not a day goes by where I don't remember the Haiti Benefit Dance from May 2010.

Why?  Because throughout our entire house, there are millions of tiny plastic black stars which we find everywhere.  Even though we have vacuumed millions of times since then, the black stars appear everywhere: in our shoes, in our carpet, hiding in corners, or stuck to the bottom of our bare feet!

These little black stars were the confetti decorations I sprinkled on each of the tables I set up for the dance.  When the dance was over and it was time for clean up delegations, I had asked my friend Shawn to please bring home the neon-colored tablecloths, making sure to first dump the little stars in the trash.

But Shawn forgot, and so the crumpled plastic tablecloths (which he held joyfully when he arrived at my door...and which I ended up throwing out later since they were so wrinkled), were full of them.

Unbeknownst to me, the thousands of little stars would soon fall out of the tablecloths and happily make their way around our entire house.  So why wasn't I paying attention and why wasn't he? 

Because, if you remember from this blog entry, there was a party to be enjoyed.  Tons of people would be leaving the dance and headed to my house in a matter of minutes!

Anyway, given these constant visual reminders of a very fun night where we raised $600 for Haiti, I figured I would take this opportunity to upload some old photos which you've never before seen.  Enjoy!