Monday, March 26, 2012

Continuing the Tradition with the Baby Booties Charm

In 1979 when my mother was pregnant with me, she wore (every single day!) this precious sterling silver charm around her neck: a pair of baby booties given to her by my Aunt Paula.

Now that I'm pregnant, Mom gave me the necklace to wear myself.  I don't wear it every day, but I do wear it quite often, and it is fun to continue the tradition and think about its meaning.

Every day of my pregnancy thus far, Mom has been wearing another necklace (or, really, two!) around her neck.

Below is a picture of them.  They are old Scrabble pieces that have on their front a picture of a baby girl and a baby boy.  Since our baby's gender will be a surprise to all of us, Mom is wearing both!  How precious!

Perhaps when I am one day hopefully a grandmother, I'll start wearing them, too!