Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Visiting Melanie...and Returning with a Recipe Book and a White Kitchen Aid Mixer!

The other night I drove out to Philadelphia to visit my dear friend Melanie.

It had been forever since I had seen her, and she kindly had a delicious dinner prepared for me when I arrived!

Melanie's apartment is a delight to be in.  There are articles of our faith everywhere!  Every corner of her place seems to be a sacred space for contemplation, relaxation, and prayer.  No wonder she has offered her apartment as a hermitage for friars and other religious that are passing through town!

Melanie gave us a delightful wedding gift, which she has been working on for the past year.  It's a cookbook (with details and colors the caliber of a scrapbook!) that brings together the best and favorite dishes of many families.  I feel so lucky to have this archive of secret recipes!!

Since Melanie recently received a brand new cherry red Kitchen Aid mixer from her mother, she sold me her white one...and the next day, Michael and I surprised Mom with it.  Mom was delighted!