Saturday, May 12, 2012

Our Babymoon to Annapolis, MD

Quite a while ago, Michael suggested that we enjoy a getaway weekend for just the two of us.  My friends call such a thing a "babymoon," because it's kind of like a honeymoon to enjoy before the reality of responsibility hits!

At first, I worried that I wouldn't have the strength for such a vacation since I was in the throws of exhaustion and nausea.  But Michael booked the vacation with the hopes that I'd be out of that stage by then.  And thank God, I am.


Annapolis, Maryland is a beautiful port town with plenty of history.  The first thing we did when we got there was to have a crab cake lunch at the famous Chick & Ruth's!


   
The fun thing about this diner is that they have a long-standing tradition of reciting the pledge of allegiance each morning.

Then we did a little shopping.  This store was my favorite.  :)
   
Michael bought me a baby carriage for my charm bracelet.  The wheels actually turn!




This was our hotel, and the third story windows you see here were all ours!  We stayed on the base of the Naval Academy. 





Checking out the mass times on base the night before.  :)
The prayer garden on the historic grounds of St. Mary's!
We looked down at our feet and happened to see this!  Amazing!  And so true!
We spent some quiet time with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
A beautiful place for reflection and prayer in the prayer garden.
Me with my long-time friend, Blessed Francis Xavier Seelos!
Pray for and protect our baby, dear St. Gerard Majella, patron of expectant mothers!
What a great trip it was.  :)