Friday, June 01, 2012

A Surprise Mini Birthday Party!

Last night, Michael took me out for my 33rd birthday!  I had no idea where we were going, but I soon learned that he had the fancy Haydn Zug's in mind, one of our area's best restaurants.


It's a tiny place, but it wins all kinds of rewards every year.  The first time we went there was shortly after we returned from Italy, and--having gotten used to eating outside on bistro tables--we wanted nothing of the stuffy interior and everything of the breezy outdoors.

Last night we chose the same thing.  It was a great Summer night for being in the fresh air!  But, no sooner did we arrive...a surprise happened!  My beloved parents were there waiting for us.  How awesome!

So we ate on the porch, and our meals were terrific.  I had beef tenderloin medallions topped with lobster!  Delicious!



After dinner, the restaurant surprised me with a beautiful cake (purchased by my wonderful Aunt Tess and Uncle Fred from our friend Andy's bakery) and they sung "Happy Birthday."

I blew out my candle and made a wish.  Can you guess what I wished for?