Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cranberry Maple Chicken Salad

With Michael's new braces, I have a new challenge in the kitchen:  to make foods that are easy to chew.

So, today I experimented in making yummy chicken salad!

We both liked the results!

Here's what I did:

First, I cooked and cubed 3.5 cups of chicken.

Then I mixed in 1 cup of chopped celery, only 2 tablespoons of chopped red onions, 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, 1/4 cup of chopped parsley leaves, and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.

On top of all this I poured 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons of honey dijon mustard, and 1/4 teaspoon of curry powder.  Then I snuck in a little maple syrup for sweetness.  But I only used 2 tablespoons.  :)

After making sure everything was thoroughly mixed, I chilled it in the refrigerator for a while before serving it for lunch.  I had it on a sandwich; Michael ate it just as it was.  So yummy!