Monday, August 27, 2012
Lisa's Lovely Lasagna
Here's how to make it:
1. In the skillet, brown a pound of ground beef.
2. In a bowl, mix together 1 cup of shredded, low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella cheese; 15 ounces of part-skim ricotta cheese; 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese; and a lightly beaten egg. (Then separate the mixture into thirds in preparation for the three layers of the lasagna.)
3. Drain the meat, return it to the skillet, and pour in 26 ounces of spaghetti sauce plus 1 cup of water, stirring all until well-blended.
4. Grab a glass dish that's approximately 8 inches by 11.5 inches and spread 1 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of dish, topping it with a layer of 3 uncooked lasagna noodles. (Fear not; the noodles will expand to fit the dish during baking.)
5. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture and 1 cup of the meat sauce over the noodles. Repeat this for the next two layers. Top the whole dish off with 3 more noodles and any remaining meat sauce.
6. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
7. Cover the dish tightly with tinfoil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Remove the tinfoil and continue baking it for another 15 minutes.
9. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting to serve 12 people! Enjoy!
Posted by Lisa at 4:41 PM