Friday, August 03, 2012

Our 21 Shower Wall Prayers

I hope I don't regret this decision.

In preparation for some deep-cleaning today, I removed all the prayers (which I had printed on clear, waterproof transparency paper years ago) which lined the walls of our shower, reminding us to pray them daily. 

These transparency papers have darkened with the film of soap residue and mold, so I think I'm ready to part with them. 

They have served me well as a wonderful reminder of prayer for at LEAST the last 5 years or so.

Here's what they were, in no particular order.  In some cases, I've changed the pronouns to reflect Michael and I together, instead of just me alone.

  1. May all my family and friends enjoy happiness, health, longevity, prosperity, and a beautiful faith which continues into eternity in Heaven with God. 
  2. Protect and giving loving endurance to our parents' marriages, our marriage, and all marriages.
  3. Keep me near Jesus and Mary and in the company of the angels and saints.
  4. May we always despise and avoid the occasion of sin and love what is right.
  5. May we receive deliverance from temptation and sin.
  6. Remove from our hearts whatever desires are NOT of your will.
  7. Open my heart to gratefully receive any and all gifts You want to give me.
  8. Develop and grow in my heart the desires that ARE of Your will.
  9. Sharpen my ears to always hear, know, and respond to God's voice.
  10. May the power of the Holy Spirit come upon me and guide me with spiritual gifts.
  11. May I have one mind and one heart with God and my spouse.
  12. May I quickly learn and always remember my life's lessons.
  13. May obstacles be removed from my path.
  14. May I have no complacency in life.
  15. May God's will be expedited into my life.
  16. May I have pureness of heart so that I shall see God.
  17. May it be done to me according to my faith.
  18. Protect the unborn and close all abortion mills.
  19. May St. Michael protect all soldiers.
  20. May there be peace in the world and may all come to love Christ!
  21. Plus...a special, private intention.
In addition, I had on the wall a letter to Michael called "Servant's Song" from the Book of Isaiah.  Those beautiful verses look like this:

Michael, let me be your servant.
Let me be as Christ to you.
Pray that I might have the grace
To let you be my servant, too.


We are pilgrims on a journey.
We are brothers on the road.
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load.


I will hold the Christ-light for you
In the night time of your fear.
I will hold my hand out to you;
Speak the peace you long to hear.


I will weep when you are weeping.
When you laugh, I'll laugh with you.
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through.


When we sing to God in heaven,
We shall find such harmony
Born of all we've known together
Of Christ's love and agony.


And, lastly, I always had posted the beautiful verses from Philippians Chapter 4: 6-9.  Those words are:

but in everything, 
by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, 
make your requests known to God.

that surpasses all understanding 
will guard your hearts and minds 
in Christ Jesus.


Whatever is true, 
whatever is honorable, 
whatever is just, 
whatever is pure, 
whatever is lovely, 
whatever is gracious, 
if there is any excellence 
and if there is anything worthy of praise, 
think about these things.

and received 
and heard 
and seen 
in Me.

Then the God of peace will be with you.