Tuesday, February 05, 2013

A Little Experiment

I'm going to perform a little experiment on my husband.  Shh.  Don't tell him.

This month, I want to see if he can tell when I'm fertile.  Just by looking at me, I bet he'll know.

Of course, right now he has no idea.  His secret hidden talent for detecting my fertility is buried so deep within him that he hasn't even realized it yet.  He also doesn't know that he's the subject of my experiment.  Ignorance is bliss.  :)

We're enrolled in a Creighton Model class together, so he will have SOME idea about my fertility.  Yes, we'll be charting together and discussing things, but he has no idea what I'm preparing him for.  This little theory, you see, isn't exactly endorsed by the Creighton Model.  Nor is it typically recorded by any method of Natural Family Planning.  It's sort of just something I heard through the grapevine.

Here's the premise:  Those workers in the vineyard say that, when a woman is fertile, she is found to be more beautiful and appealing to her husband.  Maybe her eyes will be more perky and her hair will be more glossy.  When she is infertile, she is found to be less attractive to him.  So, I've decided to take a picture of myself every day for one month -- or at least for a complete menstrual cycle.

The rules will be:  no makeup, no glasses, no jewelry, and nothing done to my hair.  And I will hold up a little Post-It Note with the date, just to keep things organized.

Once I've gotten through 30 days or so, I'm going to print the photos and lay them out on the table like baseball cards.  Michael's task will be to sort them by his favorite photo of me down to the worst.

The data in this experiment will be fully collected once Michael's task is complete.  I'll then compare the dates on Michael's favorite photos with the days of fertility on our Creighton chart.  And we'll see if the photos he liked the least were days of infertility.

Will there be a significant correlation?  I think so.  Stay tuned.  The conclusion from this experiment will be released mid-March. 

And yes, I am an ultra uber nerd to the nth degree, which is somewhat embarrassing.  But Michael knew what he was getting into when he married me.  :)