Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2013: So Excited to Participate!

Liam and I got up at 6 AM on Saturday morning and drove 2 hours to participate in the Great Cloth Diaper Change of 2013.

I am so grateful to my friend Britta who alerted me to this event!  I've been looking forward to it all month long!!

Although the event was held around the world, we attended the gathering hosted at Greenberries, a cute children's boutique in Maryland.

I couldn't WAIT to get there, as Britta has been raving about this place ever since the two of us got pregnant.  :)

Once there, we met up with Britta's friend Sara and her cute son John Paul.  Over 100 mamas and their cherubs had shown up for the fun!

Here's a few photos we took as we waited for the clock to strike 11 AM.!  :)

Greenberries began to crowd, early in the morning.

I excitedly searched the bins of cloth diapers while Liam assumed his normal shopping stance.

Britta and I and our boys!!

Luke's game face says, "Bring it on!  We can beat the world record!"

I'm looking at the clock...and Liam is amused to see that he's not the only kid wearing cloth!

Sara and her adorable son John Paul!

It looks like I'm wearing the ErgoBaby carrier as a skirt.  And, most of the time, I am.

We're sitting on pins and needles!!  Thankfully, though, the days of using pins for cloth diapering are LONG over.

Look at those eyes!!

Luke can barely contain his excitement.  It's almost 11 AM!