Monday, July 29, 2013

Back to Size

Need a new bathroom scale?  I love the prices and selection at Overstock.com!
Today I happened to step on a scale. 

I say "happened" because I had given up on checking it regularly.

I had given it up because I was tired of seeing that I was still 15 pounds heavier than my pre-pregnancy self.  The last 15 of the 50 total pounds I gained during pregnancy were just not going to leave me.

Or so I thought.

But today, nearly 11 months after delivery, I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight!  I couldn't believe it!  I was thrilled! 

I wonder when this happened?!  Was it last month?  Or a month or two before that?

I would imagine the reason for this change is because--since we started solid foods at 7.5 months and since Liam started crawling at 9.5 months--I eat less and move much more.

My doctor was right.  He said it'd take me 9 months to put on the baby weight and 9 months to take it off.  It's so great to have my body back, in addition to the extra wrinkles, lines, and marks I picked up along the way in this journey called life.  Thank you, Jesus, for the souvenirs!