Sunday, September 15, 2013

Off to Sunday Mass!


Gosh, I love going to Sunday Mass.

It's one of the few times during the week where my little family and I can be together, sitting still for once -- and peacefully beside one another, not pulled away by the prospects of to-lists and text messages.

And, most of all, we're focused on what really matters in life:  our relationship with God and one another, why were' here, and where we're going.  Our lives need that re-calibration and re-centering on a regular basis, I think.  It puts everything into a perspective, and we walk out better, more beautiful people who are more alive.

We take along a big bag board books with lift-up flaps for Liam to look at quietly, and the Cheerios come out when he needs a little pick-me-up.  After mass, Liam delights in an up-close view of the statue of Mary and Joseph and the image of Divine Mercy.  And he insists on getting his own few drops of Holy Water from the little font that hangs beside the door.  We drip a little more than we should, but his desire for it is something I love! 

I love every second of our Sunday Mass together, and we're about to go in a few minutes!! 

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Enjoy this day of rest and worship.