Monday, August 11, 2014

A Success Story

I've always loved match-making.  I can remember when I insisted on having my friends Melissa and Scott meet back in 1999 when we were just 19.  It was love at first sight for them, and today they are married and have a son! 

Remember the Catholic Speed Dating event I did in Philadelphia back in September 2013?  Check out the cute couple chatting by the window:


Their names are Angela and Christopher.  At the time, she lived in Florida and he was living in North Carolina.  This was their first-ever encounter with one another; it was their first 5 minutes ever talking.

The pair hit it off immediately and spent the rest of the weekend (at the National Catholic Singles Conference) getting to know one another.  Now, after almost a year of courtship (and lots of frequent flier miles earned!), the couple is engaged and they plan to marry this February! 


How exciting!  God's designs are so amazing!  I'm so lucky to know about this couple because Christopher happens to know my friend Meg, and I was able to hear the good news through her.  I wonder if there are any other couples out there that have had the same success.  Let's pray this is so!